Monday 1 October 2012

How Can I Possibly Say Thank You?

A wemmick with an enviable  green nose.
Yesterday, we had our Spring Thanksgiving Service, a combined service with the Margaret River and Augusta congregations. It was a wonderful time with great singing, Max Lucado's book "If Only I Had a Green Nose", a dance, some art work, people bringing their offerings forward and brightening up a dead tree with our prayers for others. 

I struggled with what to talk about in my message and whether to even do a message at all. There are some people that enjoy having something a little 'meatier' to think about, so I ended up writing my conversation with God about my struggle to express deep gratitude. I found it very easy to write, probably because I wasn't trying to get it all right. I just wrote it from the heart and from my own experiences of trying to thank God for all the blessings in my life. If you would like to read what I came up with click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment